BandAides Meeting Minutes
BAW General Meeting Minutes
October 30, 2018
7:03 Call to order: Cassee Biondo, Co-President. Board members present: C. Biondo, Parkhurst, Loya, Berns, Silverstein, Thomas, Hupe. F. Biondo was absent.
- Approve minutes from October 2 meeting--approved
- Shout out of Thanks!
- Roadies, chaperones, caterers and all others who helped with football games
- All parents who helped with or attended K-State and/or Washburn marching festivals
- All who supplied treats for the bus rides for students
- Everyone who donated items or services for silent auction!
- Everyone who helped work at the event to help make it a success!
- Belinda Hyland for senior night program and flowers—they were lovely!
- Treasurer’s report: Renee—
- Mattress Sale brought in $3300
- Car Wash total $8213.02
- Concessions from Homecoming FB game $1172.53
- Spaghetti Dinner net revenue $1645.73
- Silent Auction $2065.50 received so far, $1330 on PayPal not yet transferred.
- Approximate total revenues from dinner and auction $5000.
- We have a balance on PayPal of $1368.27 from auction and blanket sales.
- We currently have approximately $23,482.00 in the bank account.
- Spiritwear report—Brian: We will have the online store open this week through Nov. 16. Orders will come in 2-3 weeks later to be distributed to families. An email will be sent out with the link to the spiritwear store.
- We will have Roadie tshirts and Band Parent tshirts in black and charcoal, and long sleeved gold tshirts with band logo, hoodie, women’s tshirt and a beanie. All spiritwear except the beanie will have a logo.
- Past events:
- 10/3 District Honor Band Auditions to Mr. Thomas
- 10/6 KSU Marching Festival
- 10/11 Football game—Flashlight Show & Senior Night
- 10/20 KBA Marching Festival Washburn U.
- 10/24-31 Concert Band Auditions
- 10/25 Dine to Donate Panera
- 10/27 Spaghetti Dinner & Auction
- Upcoming events:
- 10/31 Red Wheel—orders due to band room 11/11, delivery 11/28
- 10/30 Pep Band rehearsals begin Mon & Wed 7:00 a.m.
- 11/2 District Band Auditions
- 11/14, 16-17 Legally Blonde Musical
- 11/16 Spiritwear online store closes!
- 11/19-25 Thanksgiving Break
- 11/27 Dine to Donate Chipotle 95th & Monrovia (in front of Sam’s Club)
- 12/1 District Honor Band concert
- Need committee chairpersons!
- 2/16 Pancake Breakfast: contact Chris Cakes, organize donations of fruit, pastries from band families, set up and clean room, supervise student workers
- Senior Scholarship March-May: needs to be a parent of underclassman (not senior parent). All information is on CHARMS. Get scholarship committee of 3 other parents and one English department staff member, set deadlines for students applying and for committee, blind the applications and essays and distribute to committee, collect them back with scored rubrics, tally totals, inform Mr. Thomas of the winner so he can print a certificate, announce the winner at the Band Banquet.
- Director’s Report—Mr. Thomas:
- KBA competition: our drumline finished 2nd in our class—behind BVWest. Congratulations!
- KSU festival: we received straight I ratings. Students felt rushed, but played well.
- KBA: not our best show, and the students knew it. Scored lower on General Effect, Visual (color guard), some Musical notes such as phrase endings and tonguing styles different among players in same sections.
- Concert band will split into Symphonic and Wind Ensemble by end of week, 11/1 or 2.
- Mr. Thomas was approached by KSU band about having them join us at a FB game next year. He is working with our administration and schedule to have the 400+ KState band play at our stadium next fall!
Adjournment 7:35 p.m.